I don’t believe in coincidences. Not anymore.
When I have to think about all the little steps that had to happen for me to get where I am right now?
This is just a TINY look at all the things that needed to fall into place for the here and now.
- If I didn’t randomly decide to go to a college I knew nothing about, and only one person at.
- If I didn’t decide to go on that one audition that got me my first job in NYC during a VACATION trip.
- If I didn’t stay to do that show, to fall in love with the city a bit, to even CONSIDER ever living here.
- If I didn’t take the tax firm job, just to be able to quit it at the right time.
- If the person I had babysat for a few times hadn’t accidentally heard that I was unemployed in California, while she was looking for a nanny in New York City.
- If my acquaintance Christina, hadn’t responded to a Facebook post, asking for church recommendations in New York City.
- If she hadn’t briefly attended a small group, led by someone who then went to said church.
- If I didn’t have that one job, where I met my new roommate, and found my new apartment.
- If I didn’t finally say yes to someone continually asking me to volunteer, which then led to a full time job.
- If I didn’t randomly make double my income, the week I had to decide to go to a conference that changed me completely.
- If the people around me didn’t chose to take a chance on someone they barely knew.
- If I didn’t have the most genuine and awesome friendships with the team around me, that’s leading to amazing breakthrough and both people, and musicians…
Notice that there are a lot of “I’s” in there. But I am very aware, none of it had to do with me.
Don’t underestimate how carefully orchestrated your life is.
Don’t take it for granted either.
Don’t give chance that much credit.